上一主题:R15 : Q14 (CFAI Text, V2, P211)
下一主题:Question about Risk free rate
返回列表 发帖
This might be premature, but I want to say that I really enjoyed studying for Level 3 and kudos to CFA Institute for coming up with such an exhaustive curriculum in finance/investment management over the three levels. I hope you felt something similar after putting in the effort you did?

I spent a good month and fifteen days studying for L3, and the exam went alright, but the experience has been great. I felt the exam was quite bizzare in a sense, as many of the traditional tested topics weren't tested this time. Questions were asked about concepts and relationships behind the equation, rather than just a plug-and-chug question. Essentially, this means there is no better an exam strategy than to study every possible thing in the curriculum -- you're allowed to be weaker in some aspects, but you can't skip anything. An more important than knowing the formula is knowing the concepts -- after all its a test of analytical skills, and not short-term memorization.

Now, personally speaking, for someone whose a capital markets lawyer, the CFA Program has widened my understanding of my profession to areas I would never have known -- stuff that is never taught in law school. I just hope I don't face a result that will make me rue these sentiments -- but irrespective, I'm happy to say I have learnt quite a lot in the last month or so.

Let's all hope for the best, finger crossed.

Best

Steven

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Monday, June 6, 2011 at 03:08AM by stevenevans.

Ok, more than a month and fifteen days! Started in February, reading over evenings, but did not put in much effort. Read the curriculum like it was a story book -- perhaps put in 7-10 hours a week. Last month and a half was when I started to really push the accelerator -- read the entire curriculum once again, EOC questions, mocks, samples, question banks -- I hope it all came together on the big day and is enough to get me through.

Hey, Steven, so there is another lawyer going through this stuff, nice to know ;-)

I've been in M&A for PE clients but after a year or so left to be with a small investor to actually do the deals - which is why I wanted to pass the CFA program so there would be no more "but could you read a balance sheet questions"

I think if you work in capm you will be most asked guy since lawyers are not thought have a good understanding of economic concepts (at least here in frankfurt), so all the best for your practice!

Respect for doing the CFA programme. I don't know many lawyers in this field who have gone down the lawyer then learn finance route. I know a few who were financiers first and then went to law school though. I did smile at the "buddy I know the numbers as well as you do" comment :-)

返回列表
上一主题:R15 : Q14 (CFAI Text, V2, P211)
下一主题:Question about Risk free rate