上一主题:Fiduciary duty
下一主题:Congrats Guys
返回列表 发帖

Level 2 Exam Frequency

Any Idea why the CFAI thinks its better to have the L2 & L3 only once a yr in contrast to 2 a year for L1 ??

They could get more revenue and allow more people to pass .. atleast they can do that for L2 !!

Even I was hoping so much that these exams be held more frequently.

I guess I read it somewhere long back on the institute's site that they introduced the level 1 exam because of substantial increase in people demanding. It was difficult to manage so many people with the exam once a year.

ZeroBonus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they don't want many people to pass L2 & 3
>
> so they won't change that
>
> only reason why L1 is offered twice is because
> they want many people to pass it so they give L2 a
> try or two...

+1

LloydDobler Wrote:
> random/stupid question but how do you edit a post?
> i don't have a button anywhere that says edit...

it's right beside "?Report This Message?Edit Post"

I recall hearing they didn't want to make it possible to take/pass all three exams in essentially one year (i.e. June L1, December L2, June L3). Despite the fact that it would be ridiculously hard to do that, plus you'd be studying well before the first exam, it still kind of makes sense to me as a policy. Maybe offer December L2 for retakers only though?

I am in the camp that believes L1 is made to be easy to get people in the program, because the jump in difficulty from 1 to 2 is craaazzy.

So, you pass L1, and will definitely attempt L2 at least once, and likely twice.
The serious people move on, and the rest provide money fodder.

Not a bad business model..

ffk Wrote:
> LloydDobler Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > random/stupid question but how do you edit a
> post?
> > i don't have a button anywhere that says
> edit...
>
> it's right beside "?Report This Message?Edit Post"

The "Edit Post" disappears after an amount of time.

I agree with the "retake exemption" and wish they allowed us to retake level 2 in December... while it's still fresh. Is it too early to start studying for next June? I just needed more review time...

@daveyc18 .. oh they fixed this glitch !! ..

Well at least in Pakistan, we had a certain brust of employers demanding CFA candidates a few years ago, i can remember employers willing to offer graduate trainee jobs to people who even just registered for CFA program, now its the other way around. The problem in my openion is not with CFA program but with people's mentality. People only pursue CFA program for having good jobs, which IMHO is an insult to such a fine and demanding program.Almost 99% of the people i met till now are mainly looking at job market entry via CFA program. Honestly, CFA program is more suitable to a working professional than a student as a student will certainly lose out most of his retention as the time passes by due to non application.
At least for working professionals, CFAI can arrange a biannual system of exams.

返回列表
上一主题:Fiduciary duty
下一主题:Congrats Guys