上一主题:GIPS
下一主题:How well does your country do?
返回列表 发帖
bell99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't use Schweser. Not for this L3 exam. Need to
> read the text to fully understand.

Yawn! I went 3/3 with 100% Schweser each time.

Someone please explain to me how you could possibly fail if you had every page of Schweser committed to memory. Its just not possible. If you fail using Schweser its because you didn't learn everything in the Schweser books.

Schweser all day e'day

To me it is pretty straight forward, if you are a repeater and didn't pass the first time using Schewser only, switch it up and add CFAI readings.

If you have plenty of time and don't want to spend the money on Sch use CFAI exclusively.

If you are a first timer for Level 3, give Schweser a spin and see if you can hack this using Schweser only. I have heard lots of stories about people passing using Sch only but everyone's studying style is different.

I'm noticing substantial discrepancies between schweser & CFAI texts.
For example, see the reading of risk management: reading 39 in CFAI. Schweser gets into detailed FRA calculations, whereas the CFAI text doesn't.
Even in the practice questions at end of chapter, schweser expects a calculation of the loss / gain of FRA positions. There is no such thing in L3 CFAI as yet.

in general, i don't see any good reason to rely on schweser. why take a chance? they aren't administering the exam, CFAI is. is it really such a time savings? risk-adjust that expected return on schweser, guys. It ain't worth it.

btw, off topic, buts its extremely annoying that this forum doesn't think schweser is a word, or L3 is a word, or CFAI is a word. seriously, forum? really?

3/3 with only schweser books and stalla flashcards. Biology degree with a 62% undergrad average. Barely used practice exams for the first two, but they're critical for level III written section, especially for IPS. No practice exams = crazy hard to pass as they have a format and pattern that works best for IPS questions when you look at the answers. Level III written section was the most time crunch exam I've ever written.

if you know the Schweser material cold, you should be in a great position to pass. Agree w/ montanidate, mossy695 and wake2000. and the more practice exams, the better!

zoya Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> btw, off topic, buts its extremely annoying that
> this forum doesn't think schweser is a word, or L3
> is a word, or CFAI is a word. seriously, forum?
> really?

Maybe because it's Friday but I have no idea what you are on about.

返回列表
上一主题:GIPS
下一主题:How well does your country do?