上一主题:First 3 Morning questions .....
下一主题:Sponsors & Predicatement
返回列表 发帖

CFP test in November- enough time?

I just received notification I passed level III. I submitted work experience and work is being reviewed. I am thinking about taking the CFP in November 2011 since with the CFA you are not required to take the silly 6 classes with CFA, CPA or JD.

Starting in 2012 everyone will need a capstone class to sit for the CFP(1 on top of 6 normal and even with other credential would need to take it). So it would save me $500-1,000 to do the test in 2011 as opposed to 2012.

I have heard from a few friends who have CFP & CFA that the CFP could be passed with a month or 2 of studying.

Is anyone else going for CFP too? And do you think we will get charter in time to submit for November 4th?

Thanks,

Ben

What is the purpose of getting the CFP that you already got the CFA?

I am a CFP(R) PROFESSIONAL (the guidelines for usage are just as stringent as the CFAI). I would say that if you are very strong in accounting and estate planning, then you should go for it. There are some pretty esoteric terms concerning those two topics. If you can study diligently for two months and then take a 3-day review, you might be able to do it.

The CFP is more for financial planning than for analysis. If you plan on being a relationship manager/banker, then this would be a nice way to round out your skill set. If you're just planning on being an analyst, then the CFP is a waste of your time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 10:39PM by Pbanker7.

返回列表
上一主题:First 3 Morning questions .....
下一主题:Sponsors & Predicatement