上一主题:Minority Owned Opportunities vs Fiduciary Duty
下一主题:Value investor's question
返回列表 发帖

Can you still get the charter with a 3 year college diploma?

I read online that you can enroll in the program with 4 years of experience, but it is not clear whether you need a university degree to actually obtain the charter at the end. Does anybody know if you can complete the program with just 3 years of post secondary?

Yes, if your work experience has been approved, you can earn the charter without a degree.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how exactly do I find out if my work experience is approved?

You have to submit it at cfainstitute.org but can't do this until you pass L2. Then you can check in under Manage Account to see the status.

DoubleDip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You have to submit it at cfainstitute.org but
> can't do this until you pass L2. Then you can
> check in under Manage Account to see the status.

You sure about that DoubleDip? Can't you apply for regular membership before you pass level 2?

I don't think so .... I could always be wrong, of course. Even if you can apply before passing L2, it seems that most people on here seem to recommend waiting as why pay the dues for so long?

I applied for regular membership after L1 and was accepted since I had about six years of applicable experience at the time. The dues are a bit steep but it's nice to clear that hurdle well before L3 candidates do it en masse.

返回列表
上一主题:Minority Owned Opportunities vs Fiduciary Duty
下一主题:Value investor's question