上一主题:A Pension Question, please discuss
下一主题:CFAI Book 4 Question 12 Reading 45
返回列表 发帖

Options Question (payoffs, breakeven, etc)

I am sure the answer is that I need to suck it up and learn the material because the LOS says so, but I figured I’d ask those who may have already had one run-through to see if they could shed any light on this…
In book 4 (alt invest / risk management /deriv) of Schweser, when you get the the cluster$!*@ of option payoffs, with profit, max gain, max loss, breakeven, etc, there is a blue box that says not to bother memorizing the formula’s for the equations i just mentioned, basically says it takes too much time and you will probably have few if any questions on it….. but then it goes on to grill you on quantitative questions for the next 20 pages using those exact formulas it said to disregard.
I can probably memorize all the profit equations, but it’s just too much time to do everything (breakeven, max profit, max loss, etc.), anybody have any idea what time of representation this would have on the exam? I understand when you would want to use each strategy, and I get the concepts, I just can’t remember all the stupid formulas….. there are like 10 strategies, with 4 possible formulas, so 40 total, just for this one section. Obnoxious…. I put this shit in bloomberg and have it calculate the fkn payoff anyhow.

返回列表
上一主题:A Pension Question, please discuss
下一主题:CFAI Book 4 Question 12 Reading 45