上一主题:Reading 30 - Capitalization of long term assets
下一主题:Finished Ethics and quants
返回列表 发帖

How many hours of quality study have you done to date and wh

To date:  c110 hrs +- 10.
Aiming for: 500 (which includes 80 during the week prior to the exam)

to date: 40h
aiming: 400+
80h in one week??the week before the exam? i wouldn’t advise, i always thought that before an exam is best to be well rested so you can concentrate. All this study won’t be any help if you are exhausted and you can’t focus

I am not counting the number of hours at all, don’t know if that sounds strange.
I am just going by what’s to be done.

pkhim: you do what you think is best for you
NSJ9: me too i plan to study one reading a day but when i finish i look what time it is just out of curiosity i want to see how many hours of study i need

how many times and in how many different ways will we ask the same question?

if you need 500 hours, youre doing it wrong..
i sat down for about 300 hours to study but 200 were actually “quality” (between surfing the web, putting my head down to sleep, takes me 15 minutes to really get into it also)
the most important thing is mocks/practice exams i did 5.. i went through every question in the qbank
passed

pokhim wrote:
I have the week off from work, so i’ll try and do an 8am -8pm over the 7 days… I don’t think I could live with myself if I rested the week before the exam and failed…
I was one of3 of my coworkers taking the exam.  I didn’t take any days off work and basically stopped studying.  They did your schedule.  I passed, they didn’t.  The takeaway here is its the weeks before the exam that matters.  By the week of the exam, if you are needing that to pass then you are going to have a tough time.

Hey all,
I just finished my series 7 and made the decision to go for the Dec exam instead of the June, so I am just starting to read now. I am nervous I am already too far behind but I am optimistic about my study habits because of this. Good luck to all!!
Mike

I am aiming for 500+. just a question is it ok to purchase the Q bank say at the end of October and start doing q bank practice questions then? and only rely on CFAI EOCs and Schweser Concept checkers and challenge problems for now? also how do you go about ethics? Heard advice that CFAI curriculum is recommended for that. I read the schweser notes once but don’t remember anything and I wonder if its best left for november?

I am starting revision on Monday, 27. I received the material last Thursday and since have quickly skimmed through the material to see what topics are included and in what depth. Provided I studied a Bsc in Business Administration and oriented it towards Accounting/Finance, I have seen most of what’s included to some extent.
I plan on doing 20 hours a week for 12 weeks; a total of 240 hours. Additionally, I will spend the last 10 days doing problems and mock exams.

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 30 - Capitalization of long term assets
下一主题:Finished Ethics and quants