上一主题:CFA/Schweser Mock Scores
下一主题:Day Trading experience for Prop Firm for CFA requirements
返回列表 发帖

LBS Masters in Finance

Curious to get your thoughts on this program. I was recently admitted but after looking through the profiles of students and companies that recruit on campus, I was underwhelmed.  It seems like placement has suffered immensely due to the awful job market in Europe.  And in the U.S., LBS name brand has almost no clout.

LBS’s reputation in the US increases the further up the ladder you climb.

Wanna trade?
I’ll take your LBS Master’s degree.  In return, you get a CPA license, a CFA Charter, and a mediocre part-time MBA.  I think this would be a good trade for me.
EDIT - This assumes that you finish the program and that I pass Level 3 in a couple of weeks.  But let’s pretend for the time being.

In my opinion LBS is right up there with the great business schools in the world.  I wouldn’t trade my CFA charter for it, but I would definitley trade my MSF for yours. Anything with “London” in the name sounds classy and upscale to an American’s ears.

Financial Times puts them 4th in the world.   Right behind Harvard/Stanford/Wharton, and right ahead of Columbia/MIT.
I’ll trade.  I can always do the CPA and CFA again.  I’ll never get another chance to go to a school of this caliber.

Yo, LBS stands for Low-Balled Salary

I actually think you might differentiate yourself by going to a top European business school.  There is one guy at my office that went to LBS and he is a pretty sharp guy.  Plus London would be a pretty cool life experience.  But do what you think is best.  I would love to go to IE business school in Madrid (Instituto de Empresa).  I did a semester of undergrad in Madrid and it was an experience of a life time.  Seems like yesterday I was there.  Wish I could go back to work and live.  To bad the employment situation is so bad in Spain these days.

Officially turned down my LBS finance offer today.

返回列表
上一主题:CFA/Schweser Mock Scores
下一主题:Day Trading experience for Prop Firm for CFA requirements