上一主题:How to study for Level 1?
下一主题:do i need college textbooks as reference for level 1?
返回列表 发帖

Progress for L1

I started my prep for the Dec L1 exam. I have completed 6 of 18 lectures using Stalla and feel like it is taking me forever to get through them. I have yet to read the study guides/notes or do any questions and am starting to freak out that it is mid july already. Can anyone who has taken the L1 and passed give me some feelers on how far along I should be if I plan to pass the exam in Dec? Also, I know you are supposed to read the study guides/notes and do homework as you view the lectures, has anyone gone through all the lectures first without reading or doing homework and then come back to do the homework and reading after completing the lectures. I am doing the lecures first to kind of get them out of the way, looking for thoughts....thanks again for your input.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 06:41PM by cfaportmgr.

I just sat for L1 in June and used Stalla. I would recommend reading the study guide section first and then complete the lecture for that section. After you are done with both of those then complete the homework questions for that particular section. That really drives home the concepts. I do not think you will retain the material well the way you are reviewing.

As far as time goes just make sure you are done with all the reading and questions at least a month before the exam. That will give you enough time to do practice exams and review any concepts that you are weaker on.

Thanks for your input. I kind of figured that I should be doing it all but have not. I'll be putting a study plan together. How frequently did you revise previous classes as you were preparing? Thanks

I just received my package today, but have covered economics, stats and intro. finance in university and have been reviewing from my course texts over the past several weeks.

The CFAI material is dense, but so far seems to be well-written and reads a lot better than most of the college tests I've used; a good sign at least.

返回列表
上一主题:How to study for Level 1?
下一主题:do i need college textbooks as reference for level 1?