上一主题:Effective duration
下一主题:Punting anything?
返回列表 发帖

F-test p-value, simple question...

It should be a simple question. I only have my level II material with me so I can't look this up and its driving me batty.

Reading 11, EOC question 10...

p-value = 0.00904
df Numerator = 1
df Denominator = 3
F-Statistic = 36.667

Question: Is the F-test significant at the 5 percent significance level?
Answer: Yes. The significance of 0.00904 given in the table is the p-value of the test. This is less than the specified significance level of 0.05, so we reject the null hypothesis.

WILL THE P-VALUE ALWAYS BE GIVEN TO US? I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO GET THE P-VALUE ON THE EXAM!?! HELP!?!

p-values are usually output in the ANOVA table. If they require you to use it, they will provide it.

CP

Even if P value is given, look at the F stat of 37. That is really high, considering you have 2 independent variables.

NO EXCUSES

Usually, if the F stat value is too large, as in your example, p-value is usually small enough to reject the null.

p-value is the smallest level of significance (1-alpha) at which we can reject the null. so if p < the level of sig, F-test (or whatever test) indicates significance.

That is a output from the ANOVA. There is no way p-value can be calculated by you...

We cannot calculate it, at least not with what we have learnt in the curriculum.
you can make an indication of what the max p-value may be - which is the 1-Level of significance... nothing more than that.

CP

cpk123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is a output from the ANOVA. There is no way
> p-value can be calculated by you...
>
> We cannot calculate it, at least not with what we
> have learnt in the curriculum.
> you can make an indication of what the max p-value
> may be - which is the 1-Level of significance...
> nothing more than that.

right. you can get a range by looking at the table. they may not give it to you. you might have to look it up in table.

返回列表
上一主题:Effective duration
下一主题:Punting anything?