上一主题:Questions from Quant ??
下一主题:Edinburgh Exam in June - where exactly?
返回列表 发帖

Work experience

Has anyone gotten accounting experience to count? Also, can you revise your description if you get "does not qualify" on your original application?

Yes to both. Try tying your experience into the LOS.

yes, i got my experience to count (more auditing than accounting though, but its all the same).

From my perspective, think about the work you do with investments, acquisitions, etc, and then flip through the LOS (more ties to L1 and L2 than L3 LOS)

Awesome, thank you both.

Anyone care to share their work experience?
I'm not sure how much detail to put or how long it should be.

1) For an investment analyst position:

Source new investment advisors and funds for potential investment and conduct a thorough due diligence process on these entities by conducting research and performing detailed analysis to identify and evaluate prospective real assets investments, writing investment recommendations to be approved, interfacing with legal counsel in negotiating legal documents, meeting with potential real assets advisors and attending pertinent conferences as appropriate, and interfacing with the real assets consultant in identifying and performing due diligence on prospective investment advisors.

Monitor and review the performance of the real assets portfolio and advisors by preparing periodic reports analyzing the underlying exposures and performance of the portfolio, conducting periodic conference calls with managers to thoroughly review the underlying portfolios, traveling to investment advisor offices for onsite review and attend annual meetings, monitoring amendments and other changes to legal agreements, as necessary, maintaining database on advisors, tracking meetings and periodic performance reporting, and interfacing with consultants to produce performance measures and portfolio construction analyses as necessary.

2) For a real estate investment consulting position:

Provided investment consulting, valuation, and analytical services for commercial real estate investment firms, funds, and other commercial portfolio and asset managers.

Participated in the pre-acquisition investment due diligence process by reviewing income statements, rent rolls, appraisals, balance sheets, and cash flow statements to generate opinions of fair market value and projections of future cash flows for commercial real estate properties and portfolios to support underwriting and investment decisions.

Evaluated market data for commercial real estate sales and leasing transactions to determine primary inputs to the discounted cash flow analyses used to support valuations and investment decisions, including market rents, expenses, and discount and capitalization rates.

Contributed to the investment management process through both periodic and annual review of inputs to valuation models to support adjustments to fair market value and forecasts for future cash flow and net operating income assumptions.

I don't think I wrote much more than "I make investments and evaluate potential investment opportunities." That seemed to work. Non-investment experience probably warrants a longer description, though.

Hi all,

Is it still possible to download the LOS?

I can't find these on the CFA institute site, and I need to polish up my work experience.

Thanks,

Andy

If it appears that they have not accepted your work experience, what do you?

It looks like that's the case with me, as it now says "Society Review" with only 8 months of work exp accepted. Should I withdraw the application and start over? Can it be contested another way?

My previous work exp was in Real Estate Investment consulting and the write up above seems to be a bit better than the one I provided.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

When I called CFAI a month ago the guy told me the key command phrase in work experience is "I influenced investment decisions by...". If you can make a clear path in what you did to that the work should be approved.

返回列表
上一主题:Questions from Quant ??
下一主题:Edinburgh Exam in June - where exactly?