上一主题:P/B to value financial firm?
下一主题:Credit rating based on Cash FLow analysis
返回列表 发帖

fun repo rate question

"Repo rate is directly related to maturity of repo, inversely related to quality of collateral, and directly related to the maturity of the collateral. US Tbills are often purchased by Treasury dealers using repo transactions, and since they have high liquidity, short maturities, and no default risk, the repo rate is usually quite low."

"The greater the control the lender has over the collateral, the lower the repo rate. If the availability of the collateral is limited, the repo rate will be higher"

a. 1 is correct
b. 2 is correct
c. 1 is incorrect 2 is correct
d. neither is correct

"and directly related to the maturity of the collateral? "

Are they related?

D
Maturity of collateral already taken into account via quality.

If collateral hot rate is cheaper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Saturday, May 28, 2011 at 06:09PM by Paraguay.

SO what is the answer SKIPP , its 1 am and i want to sleeeppp

1am? you in Turkey or sometrhing?

Answer was D.

Although maturity of collateral is considered in determining the quality of collateral, it does not act as a separate factor in determining repo rate.

If availability of collateral is limited, repo rate will be lower, not higher. Limited availability makes collateral more valuable due to scarcity (ie callable bonds, long maturity bullets)

i think you are referring to maturity of REPO.. the question says maturity of COLLATERAL(ie a 1 yr bond as collateral versus a 10 yr bond)

Not to get into too much industry but the term of the collateral will affect the amount that you can borrow not the interest rate.

There will be a higher margin to the lender i.e. only loaning 90% of face.

DD87 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LEBANON...
>
>
> Thx for the post

dude i was just there. in beirut. awesome city.

schweser gives rational on pg 232 practice exam book 2 exam 1 afternoon question 13.2C

Yeah Awesome for a vacation ONLYYYY.

oh never mind i thought 1 was
The greater the control the lender has over the collateral, the lower the repo rate
with 2 being
If the availability of the collateral is limited, the repo rate will be higher"

返回列表
上一主题:P/B to value financial firm?
下一主题:Credit rating based on Cash FLow analysis