上一主题:CPPI or constant mix?
下一主题:STUFF IN CFAI BUT NOT IN SCHWESER
返回列表 发帖

Substantial Spending Needs?

Is there a rule of thumb for this?

Compared to the total asset base, when do annual spending needs become substantial and when are they not substantial?

5%?
10%?
20%?
30%?

At what point do we consider them substantial enough to affect risk tolerance/IPS

I would say anything beyond 10 makes client vulnerable

no rule of thumb though

Also, along the same lines...

In the 2007 AM Exam Q1 they talk about the option of "re-employment" because the retired couple are still young (i.e., 50 years old)

How old do you have to be before this isn't an option for you anymore? This seems really ambiguous?

pupdawg82 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would say anything beyond 10 makes client
> vulnerable
>
> no rule of thumb though

Ok 10% works for me... thanks Pup!

CF_AHHHHHHHHH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, along the same lines...
>
> In the 2007 AM Exam Q1 they talk about the option
> of "re-employment" because the retired couple are
> still young (i.e., 50 years old)
>
> How old do you have to be before this isn't an
> option for you anymore? This seems really
> ambiguous?

It's subjective BS, but if they are 50'ish then it's an option, over 65 (maybe even 60?) it wouldn't be on.

remember, we're looking at guideline answers. they are including the b.s. of thousands of candidates that they couldn't reject as "wrong". they aren't looking for us to come up with that for full credit.

There are so many issues (terms) without tangible/clear definitions !

I use the following, for income need

<5% higher ability to take risk
5-7% average
>7% lower ability

In the real world there aren't many that would say anything over 5% is a safe withdrawl rate and that takes into account inflation/mgmt fee.

Agree w/Sponge Bob. The only exception I can think of (will have to check tonight - don't have the answer key handy) is the '05 exam, #7. Anyone have this open now?

Re: their ability to work again, agree with jut111... it's a fluff answer that isn't technically wrong, so they incorporate into the answer key.

another point to remember - we're the ones that have looked more at old exams than the graders.

返回列表
上一主题:CPPI or constant mix?
下一主题:STUFF IN CFAI BUT NOT IN SCHWESER