上一主题:Anticipatory changes in exchanges related to CFA
下一主题:CFA statistics ? Fake?
返回列表 发帖

GPA on Resume

So at what point in your career can you take off your GPA from your resume? Is it >= 5 yrs? I went to a decent school with a mediocre GPA, just wondering when I can get rid of it...

Yeah, that's probably long enough.

If it's that mediocre why even have it on there?

I had a 3.2 and followed the >3.0 rule when I was fresh out of school. I may take it off now.

NO EXCUSES

If the GPA is good, just leave it on.

i'd like to get to know you well

I went to a top Engineering school in Computer Science and I too have a mediocre GPA, sucks even more. I never had it on my Resume, I write the college name and my major with large font and rest I fill with "other achievements" in smaller font, like winning a robotics competition, attending seminars, thesis topic, and research paper; so that the guy who looks at it is just lost in collecting information and skip that part without thinking for another moment that there's no GPA in that section.

If your GPA is above 3.5 definitely leave it on there. If it's 3.3 to 3.5, that's a judgement call. If it's less than 3.3, I personally would leave it off.

BangBusDriver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I went to a top Engineering school in Computer
> Science and I too have a mediocre GPA, sucks even
> more. I never had it on my Resume, I write the
> college name and my major with large font and rest
> I fill with "other achievements" in smaller font,
> like winning a robotics competition, attending
> seminars, thesis topic, and research paper; so
> that the guy who looks at it is just lost in
> collecting information and skip that part without
> thinking for another moment that there's no GPA in
> that section.

When I don't see a GPA on a resume, it's an immediate flag that shouts "it wasn't good". It's not an immediate application killer, but if it was a decent GPA (3.3+) there's no reason to leave it off.

What if you had a mediocre ugrad GPA 3.1, but better Masters GPA 3.5. Can I put one and leave the other? Leave both, put both? Also when is it time to pull the ol 740 GMAT off the reusme?

It should not be on a resume if you are approaching 30 and still touting it. The "what have you done for me lately" mentality is much more important.

返回列表
上一主题:Anticipatory changes in exchanges related to CFA
下一主题:CFA statistics ? Fake?