上一主题:2012 Mock q 52 MBS risk
下一主题:Ethics Vol 1 Page 176
返回列表 发帖

Master in finance , which university ?

Hello everyone, I ‘ve passed CFA level 1. My intention is studying for level 2  2013 and apply for a master in finance program next year. I’m 23 now, and working for an auditor company? I found some universities based on financial times ranking and CFA partner universities. But the ranking confused me? I prefer those in Australia, Europe and America. England was too expensive to me and I don’t want to take GMAT too, costing too much time. Any ideas? Thank for any help

Canada has one as well. The Rotman school of business in Toronto

How is the US on your list if you dont want to study for the GMAT? if you are expecting to go to a high rated business school in the US , you need the GMAT and a good score!

In the US the GMAT is a must - so you will need to take it, and soon… if you want to apply for 2013-2014 school year.
IE…. I know many who have been there for their MBA, and although it has great reputation, Spain is in crisis and job prospects are not great, and if you look for a job in the US, a foreign degree is not as highly regarded as a US one… So you must also consider where you’d like to work later.

Master degree. I only have 1 year experience, so MBA seems unnecessary

Many universities are now waiving off GMAT if the student has passed even CFA Level 1. Practically, GMAT is no way even near to CFA in terms of difficulty and the skill set you acquire afterwards. UCAL is considering the waive off and Illinois Inst. Stuart Business school offers the waiver. I’ve also taken GMAT and scored 700. CFA level 1 was weighed more on my profile than GMAT. The criteria you mentioned might apply for MBA programs.

CFA_Cylon wrote:
In the US the GMAT is a must - so you will need to take it, and soon… if you want to apply for 2013-2014 school year.
IE…. I know many who have been there for their MBA, and although it has great reputation, Spain is in crisis and job prospects are not great, and if you look for a job in the US, a foreign degree is not as highly regarded as a US one… So you must also consider where you’d like to work later.
+1

If I were you, I would accumulate more work experience and then try to go to a top B-school for an MBA in Finance.  I think your money would be better spent going that route.  Just my two cents.

Could you explain more? I wanna study and work abroad go get more knowledge and experience. My country doesnt have a developed financial market. Knowledge I study in CFA does not contribute much in my work and my background was not finance, either. I wanna to study master in finance to get a deep understanding and to have real working experience.

darthplow wrote:
Nitin CFA wrote:
Many universities are now waiving off GMAT if the student has passed even CFA Level 1. Practically, GMAT is no way even near to CFA in terms of difficulty and the skill set you acquire afterwards. UCAL is considering the waive off and Illinois Inst. Stuart Business school offers the waiver. I’ve also taken GMAT and scored 700. CFA level 1 was weighed more on my profile than GMAT. The criteria you mentioned might apply for MBA programs.
Thats not true. Where did you get these facts?
You can read all-day long about these “Facts” in QS and Bloomberg Business Week.

返回列表
上一主题:2012 Mock q 52 MBS risk
下一主题:Ethics Vol 1 Page 176