上一主题:Day Trading experience for Prop Firm for CFA requirements
下一主题:Mock Exam 2011 vs 2013
返回列表 发帖

Best Way to tackle item sets?

As we all have been doing mocks and EOC questions and item sets. You all must have developed a strategy to tackle all the information given in an Itemset. I have been using two strategies.
1) read the question and then look for relevant information (used in equity, quant, econ and derivatives’ questions)
2) read tthe information and mark out all the relevant information in the item set that I think can be useful based on my understanding of the topics and then read the questions.
what do you guys do. I personally find (1) to be time saving and helps me achieve my desired time for higher waited sections. (also I find reading derivatives info without relevant question to be confusing and precious time is wasted)

I like 1 in theory, but in practice, I find it difficult to absorb enough about the question to help when I am reading the vignette.
I found that it was generally best to skim the vignette, to figure out the order of the information they present, and marking parts that seem like they may be important, then read the questions, and afterwards go back to the vignette and read that part in more detail.
However, this is the sort of thing that varies from test taker to test taker.  This was just the way that worked for me.

Strategy 1 for me.  I find that 1/2 the information provided in the vignette is useless and reading it is a waste of time at best.

Definitely read and parse the question first. That way your eyes will jump to key parts of the text. There definitely is distracting and superfluous information in every vignette that seems important if you don’t read the question first.

返回列表
上一主题:Day Trading experience for Prop Firm for CFA requirements
下一主题:Mock Exam 2011 vs 2013