上一主题:Study Plan
下一主题:Soft dollar standard question
返回列表 发帖

Sunk Cost? Input needed

Just found the forum...holy cow, this is awesome. I hate I only have a week to interact here.

My first post is a bit selfish.....can you guys give some input to if I'm screwed or not and what a good approach would be from here on out?

Background: been through the material twice, with minimal problems and tests done. Had the day off and took two full length Schweser tests today. Made nearly 50% on the nose on the AM and nearly 70% on the PM on both tests.

How screwed am I? Sunk cost, go to the lake this weekend, and wait til next year? Or do I have a chance?

I missed nearly 25 points on both AM's for things I should now....performance attribution calc's, beta calcs included pension assets, etc. But it is VERY discouraging to get a 50% especially after seeing all of your scores posted.

My plan tomorrow: go over the 5 specific areas that really killed me on the exams. Go through SS 17 again (can't recall anything from that for some reason). Then take another practice test.

...Or should I just go to the lake?

Muchas Gracias!

weather forecast at the lake please?

We assume passing score is around 62-64%. You are well in the range.

let say its lotto ticket, the prize being that u will not have to study next year
the cost being one glorious day at the lake..............now answer your own question

I never understand people who don't go when they've already paid. Even if you are going to bomb the hell out of the test, get your money's worth and get an idea of what your in for.

That being said, I'd say you got a chance.

Thanks for the replies.....

I'm definitely going to the test. And realistically not going to the lake.....more wanting a handicap from you guys as I was extremely impressed when I found the forum. I got sick to my stomach reading everyone's grades on the practice exams. WAY BEHIND those guys.

I've also had a hard time realistically grading the AM. Sometimes I feel way too harsh on myself but then I remember how crazy the test is. I was also very discouraged....I took on exam three weeks ago (just AM) and made 50%. Went through the material very detailed and then same thing today.

Paraguay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We assume passing score is around 62-64%. You are
> well in the range.

Paraguay, why do you think passing score is 62-64?

40/60/80 method from the last 3-4 years.

markCFAIL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never understand people who don't go when
> they've already paid. Even if you are going to
> bomb the hell out of the test, get your money's
> worth and get an idea of what your in for.
>
> That being said, I'd say you got a chance.

I choose to go because I'm shelling out my own money, others get reimbursed for the exam fee.

And you have to realize, some people don't care about passing as much as the people on this forum do.

NO EXCUSES

返回列表
上一主题:Study Plan
下一主题:Soft dollar standard question