上一主题:GIPS Required Disclosures - Mnemonics
下一主题:To those who passed L3
返回列表 发帖

Practice Questions / Studying Strategy

With 7 days left, there is probably still time for me to take each of the practice schewser exams in ‘exam conditions’ and do the CFAI mocks similarly in full. (for those that have not done them already).
However, having gone over most of the material, everybody is likely to have weak areas and strong areas.
Do people feel they are better off:
1 Actually doing all the questions (the ones you know you can do + the tougher ones)
2 Actually doing the tougher Q’s and thinking through the easier ones (+ reading through worked answers for easier ones to check thinking)
3 Reading through worked answers for all
?

I chose option 3. Although I’ve done more than 3,100 QBank questions, including more than a dozen simulated exams (30 and 60 questions), I have yet to do any of the Schweser practice exams or CFAI samples/mocks. Blocking out 2 or 3 uninterrupted hours at a time has been a big problem, as I have four young children who prove a constant distraction.
So I will simply go through the Schweser practice exams, circling the correct answers and reading the explanations online. Although I lose the benefit of simulating exam conditions, given the time constraints I feel this is what I will have to do.
BTW this is how I approached preparation for my FSA certification exams, and I nailed both of them on the first try.
As for the CFAI samples/mocks, I’ll get to them as well next week, but only after packing up the kids and sending them all away with the wife or motherinlaw!
If I am well and truly prepared, then timing hopefully won’t be such an issue on exam day.

dapoopa, that could be a mistake. Time constraints is a big issue on this exam. Maybe you’re a natural exam taker, but a lot of people struggle with time management on this exam (going on advice from schweser).

返回列表
上一主题:GIPS Required Disclosures - Mnemonics
下一主题:To those who passed L3