返回列表 发帖

Which of the following most accurately describes the appropriate test structure?

A) F-test.

B) One-tailed test.

C) Two-tailed test.

D) Chi-square test.

The correct answer is B

The alternative hypothesis, Ha: μ > $145,000, only allows for values greater than the hypothesized value. Thus, this is a one-sided (one-tailed) test.

The critical value of the z-statistic is:

A) z = ±1.96.

B) z = –2.33.

C) z = +2.33.

D) z = ±2.33.

The correct answer is C

For a one-tailed z-test at the 1% level of significance, the critical z-value is z0.01 = 2.33. Since the test is one-tailed on the upper end (i.e., Ha: μ > 145,000), we use a positive z-critical value

At a 1 percent level of significance, Roberts should:

A) fail to reject the null hypothesis.

B) accept the null hypothesis.

C) reject the null hypothesis.

D) neither reject nor fail to reject the null hypothesis.

The correct answer is A

The decision rule is: reject H0 if z-computed > z-critical. Since 1.1875 < 2.33, Roberts will fail to reject the null.

The correct answer is A

The decision rule is: reject H0 if z-computed > z-critical. Since 1.1875 < 2.33, Roberts will fail to reject the null.

7、Which of the following statements is FALSE?

A) A Type I error is rejecting the null when it is actually true.

B) If a person is presumed innocent unless proven otherwise, finding a guilty person innocent is an example of a Type I error.

C) Failing to reject the null when it is false is an example of a Type II error.

D) The probability of committing a Type I error is the significance level of the test.

The correct answer is B

This is a Type II error. The null hypothesis is that the defendant is innocent which is not rejected when it should have been.

8、A Type I error occurs when the null hypothesis:

A) is rejected when it is true.

B) fails to be rejected when it is false.

C) is rejected when it is false.

D) fails to be rejected when it is true.

返回列表