上一主题:Where to sell?
下一主题:CFA Prep Classes? (Dallas)
返回列表 发帖

For those who passed Level I

First of all, congrats!!

Second, are you going to take Level II in June? After feeling great for the first part of the day I started thinking I will have to hit the books ASAP for Level II. I heard it's harder, so am I setting myself up for failure or should i go for it?
Thoughts???

Plenty of people do it. If you don't take it in June you'll have to wait another 1.5 years. Kind of a long time.

I've decided not to take Level II this year, mostly for personal reasons (getting married in summer!). Figured it would be near impossible to plan a wedding and study for CFA in the same 6 month period. And work a >12 hour a day job, and travel for work...

Plus side for me is I have more time to study since I plan to start straight off the bat once registration opens in Fall '10.

Minus is it might be hard to get back into the studying regiment after the wedding festivities

For those planning to take a break this year, will see you at the Level II forums later this year!

I just passed Level I and had started studying for Level II the first week of January jut in ase I passed. Im goin at it 20 hours per week with 3 weeks off leading to the exam, I will give it all Ive got now that I know Im worthy of this designation

Registered for level 2 yesterday - will be starting tonight. First task is to chalk out a study plan.

level 2 is still all multiple choice, only questions are in short paragraph forms now.

Robert: I am from Ottawa, you are in Montreal right?

I thought about taking Level 2 this June, but I have decided to wait until June 2011. I studied for a full 6 months for level 1, and I need to take FINRA exams for work which will end at the end of march. That really only gives me 2 months of time to solely concentrate on Level 2. Since I don't want to fail and take it again, I'd rather just go all out for 6 months for the L2 next June to ensure that I pass.

I am thinking of taking it in june 10

But mann!! if I leave last 4 weeks for review and exams - we have 12 weeks to do 18 readings - is it really achievable??

If your FINRA exams are anything like the old NASD Series 7, you're going to find the test a walk in the park compared to Level 1.

jaygreen12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought about taking Level 2 this June, but I
> have decided to wait until June 2011. I studied
> for a full 6 months for level 1, and I need to
> take FINRA exams for work which will end at the
> end of march. That really only gives me 2 months
> of time to solely concentrate on Level 2. Since I
> don't want to fail and take it again, I'd rather
> just go all out for 6 months for the L2 next June
> to ensure that I pass.

- Robert