上一主题:Fixed Income Analyst Skill Set
下一主题:Calculator
返回列表 发帖

level 3 work experience

hi guys,

I have heard that you can't register for level 3 exam till you have relevant work experience .. never read this on the CFA website so I want to make sure of this information as I'm currently level 2 candidate and going to continue my post-grad studies and not expecting to be working anytime soon

let me know please

Omar

You heard wrong. I work with a guy who passed Level III last year and needs to wait yet another year before he has the 48 months of work experience.

They do require you to put in some work exp. when you register (this year onwards)
but you do not need to get anybody to sign off on it (sponsorship), etc. till you are really ready. So I do believe you can fill in anything to get past the initial step of getting on with the registration. Later change that for sponsorship and sign off from local society + CFAI.

CP

I know that - but I mean can I register for level III having zero work experience? I won't start having any work experience till I finish my post-grad studies but I don't want to wait to do level III till that time - I would rather finish it soon

OA

I have registered for level 2 couple of days ago and left that section empty - it went ok

It's just that some people told me that I won't be allowed to register for level III without work experience - I just want to make sure that I can register for level 3 exam without ANY prior work experience (all what I have so far are internships which don't qualify as working experience requirement)

OA

Omar Adnan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi guys,
>
> I have heard that you can't register for level 3
> exam till you have relevant work experience ..
> never read this on the CFA website so I want to
> make sure of this information as I'm currently
> level 2 candidate and going to continue my
> post-grad studies and not expecting to be working
> anytime soon
>
> let me know please
>
> Omar

Don't you think you are jumping the gun a little bit?

CFA Jay, CFA

CFA Jay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Omar Adnan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > hi guys,
> >
> > I have heard that you can't register for level
> 3
> > exam till you have relevant work experience ..
> > never read this on the CFA website so I want to
> > make sure of this information as I'm currently
> > level 2 candidate and going to continue my
> > post-grad studies and not expecting to be
> working
> > anytime soon
> >
> > let me know please
> >
> > Omar
>
> Don't you think you are jumping the gun a little
> bit?

Not at all - my CFA level 2 is in June and if I pass, I want to know if I can go for level 3 the next year (in business terms, this is not even a long-term plan). I don't like to keep things till they happen - I always plan in advance could be unhealthy a bit but it works best for me. If I fail though, I would still want to know this information in mind so that I don't have to ask for it in the future again

Omar

I have nearly zero relevant work experience and I was able to register for level 3 this year.

Were you waiting for an answer on "nearly zero" or "zero?"

返回列表
上一主题:Fixed Income Analyst Skill Set
下一主题:Calculator