上一主题:schweser mocks vol1 vs vol2
下一主题:cost of equity
返回列表 发帖

Studying for Level 3

Anyone have any advice on studying for the lvl 3?

I want to start now as I hear that level 3 is an even greater house of pain than lvl 2.

What is the difference between studying for lvl 2 and lvl 3 especially due to the different testing format.

Thanks

(Sorry... noticed that there was another post on "Preparing for the Level 3 while working"
I wanted to ask the differences, and advice, of the studying methods between lvl 2 and lvl 3)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Monday, July 26, 2010 at 11:56PM by joseph213.

prepare to get reamed

joseph213 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone have any advice on studying for the lvl 3?
>
>
> I want to start now as I hear that level 3 is an
> even greater house of pain than lvl 2.
>
> What is the difference between studying for lvl 2
> and lvl 3 especially due to the different testing
> format.
>
> Thanks
>
> (Sorry... noticed that there was another post on
> "Preparing for the Level 3 while working"
> I wanted to ask the differences, and advice, of
> the studying methods between lvl 2 and lvl 3)

Just beware you will burn out if you start now. Trust me. It doesnt matter if you have been in the program 5 years or 1.5 years you will burn out on Level 3. This happens to everyone. If you start now, come March and April you will fade hard and like I said before you will burn out.

CFA Jay, CFA

As others in this forum, i do not know if this method works or not but here is my advice for whatever it is worth.

Start early (September) and study about 30 pages a day from the CFAI textbook. There are about 2500 pages (Including questions and answers). For me it takes about an hour to read 10 pages so about 3 hrs a day for the first reading. Read with a highlighter and underline important ideas. This way by November you are done with the first read. Take a break enjoy Christmas and New year and start your second read in January. This time around it should be easier and focus on the highlighted material. I also took handwriten notes during the second read. If necessary read summaries from Stalla or other sources (found this useful for sections on Corporate governance and Emerging markets).

Look at the sample questions on the CFA website, especially for the AM section. Browse a couple of exams but actually time yourself on one of the exam. I used the actual sample example from an AM section and Mock exam for PM section as one exam.

Whatever you do the material is too vast to remember on exam day and the exam is way harder than all the sample exam but if you read the entire material from the original source at least twice you go into the exam with a lot of confidence. To me it is not just about passing but the confidence that I know this material which is important. If I do not pass this time around I am sure I have put in the time to pass it next time around. Just my point of view. Good Luck!

LII is like a day at the beach. LIII is like the first 15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan.

mossy695 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LII is like a day at the beach. LIII is like the
> first 15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan.

Um. Wow. I could not have said it better if I tried.

"LII is like a day at the beach. LIII is like the first 15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan."

Heard the same thing in L2 forums after passing L1.

I'm planning on L3 harder than L2. I've heard from a lot of smart CFA+MBA people I respect that L3 was the worst....I'm going to keep that mindset.

the misconception is that level 3 is the hardest. what people don't realize is that level 4 is the most demanding and requires the most studying.

not terribly worried about level 4. sure, it's more material but i feel that i do well in swordfights, so pm portion will be fine.

There are sword fights in lvl 4??? Son of a...

返回列表
上一主题:schweser mocks vol1 vs vol2
下一主题:cost of equity