上一主题:Time Consuming questions in the EOC
下一主题:Behavioral finance
返回列表 发帖

Is it a ethics violation to ask which readings were there in

Can anyone who is a master in ethics tell us if it is a violation if I were to ask what readings were asked and not the specific questions in the itemsets in past years exam?

Im pretty sure they used this scenario as an example of an ethics violation in the L1 books last year. I read them a full year ago though so not super confident in my answer.
Either way, how would the CFAI find out if you asked?

If you put in your email Id in here and your username is same as your actual name - they can find out. And it has happened where two candidates discussed a question in detail and were identified based on the details I said.
Having said that, I dont think its a violation to ask if a reading is frequently tested or not.

Yes it is a violation. You cannot divulge what areas were more heavily tested than others. The only things that you can really say is how difficult/easy it was. Yes there is a question on this in ethics somewhere

Thats definately a violation. What i want to know is that..is it a violation to say how many item sets came from a particular subject area for example there were 3 item sets from derivaties?..because that is public information now since lot of people copy paste their results, plus AF conducted their post exam reviews where the number of item sets per subject were mentioned in the results for that benchmarking program

kshitijharve wrote:
Thats definately a violation. What i want to know is that..is it a violation to say how many item sets came from a particular subject area for example there were 3 item sets from derivaties?..because that is public information now since lot of people copy paste their results, plus AF conducted their post exam reviews where the number of item sets per subject were mentioned in the results for that benchmarking program
?
where are these results please?

Yes - violation.  Study all the material, don’t game the exam.

Yes, and it’s probably not gonna help you anyways even if you knew..  CFAI likes to change what they’ll test out of all the eligible readings from exam to exam.  Like they say, past performance is no indication of the future..

cgottuso8190 wrote:
blackomen wrote:
Yes, and it’s probably not gonna help you anyways even if you knew..  CFAI likes to change what they’ll test out of all the eligible readings from exam to exam.  Like they say, past performance is no indication of the future..
That is, until you’ve completed the program and become a Level 3 Certified Financial Analyst.  At which point, your past experience speaks to your undeniable ability to predict future topics to be tested (at least at Levels 1 and 2).  Until then, no Level 2 CFA can help - so study everything!
Huh?

thats right…but even in 2010 the topic weightage was exactly the same!…havnt searched for 2011 though

返回列表
上一主题:Time Consuming questions in the EOC
下一主题:Behavioral finance