上一主题:Sinking Fund Factor
下一主题:MCQ vs Essay
返回列表 发帖

To Schweser, or not to Schweser?...

Here is my current situation, any feedback would be most helpful.

I have been studying for about 4 months now. I started my reviews in September, and started to read the main books in Mid October. After many weeks of pumping out as much as possible, I was able to get through reading everything twice, (once to get it in my head, the second time to clarify some issues). After that, I was able to go over all of the questions and focus on some parts which I was having trouble. Having taken my time at some critical points, I was able to finally grasp some difficult issues. Recently I figured out those marathon tax questions which involve several long calculations, and I FINALLY was able to grasp how to recalculate Beta if you include pension assets and liabilities (I missed my stop on the subway coming home I was so engrossed in my concentration, but It was one of those "oh...NOW I GET IT" moments.

Now, am still going to study because I want this to be the last CFA exam I ever write, but my brain needs a rest before I resume reviewing again. The question is, should I get the Schweser notes? I really just want the Q Bank and the practice exams, I dont care to read the books because I actually find the main reading clearer and more interesting Here are some thoughts

-I dont want to pay a few hundred dollars
-Schweser notes are dry as a bible
-Can I buy mock exams seperately?
-is the Q bank really worth it? I find sometimes that it is the same questions repeated several times. In addition, how accurate is it for the actual exam questions.
-I find that the Secret Sauce is a good review, but that can be bought separate

Your feedback would be most helpful. I wish everyone wisdom and strengh going forwards.

返回列表
上一主题:Sinking Fund Factor
下一主题:MCQ vs Essay