上一主题:how to deal with sale of A/R?
下一主题:In Level III for 5 years or More
返回列表 发帖

passing the exam

h guys, i hope everyone feels good about the exam, going into the last couple weeks. I really need your help.

here's my situation. if I average 80% on every section except FRA and get 30% on FRA, do you think CFAI will pass me?

Here's the breakdown: 80% * 0.8 + 30% * 0.2 = 70%

Assuming 70% is what is needed to pass(and most of us will agree that it is), do you think CFAI will pass me? or will they fail me just because I did so miserably on FRA, which is an important section and they don't like the fact that I know almost nothing about it?

I WOULD GREATLY appreciate your honest opinions on this. it would really help me out. thanks very much.

I'm not sure it would matter. You would just have to learn all that stuff for LII and that would make passing LII more difficult. Keep studying FSA. It's all easy, but there is lots and lots of it.

I bombed Equity this June- although it was the only section besides derivatives I actually had some work experience with, as in a few internships - couldn't believe when I saw the score (first that I did manage to pass and second that Equity was so low, thought it would be the other way around).

If you're above the MPS it does not matter whether you failed one section or not.

Andreea_Mn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bombed Equity this June- although it was the
> only section besides derivatives I actually had
> some work experience with, as in a few internships
> - couldn't believe when I saw the score (first
> that I did manage to pass and second that Equity
> was so low, thought it would be the other way
> around).
>
> If you're above the MPS it does not matter whether
> you failed one section or not.

Andreea_Mn, how did you prep for ethics? the practice test, cfai book, mocks, thats all ive got to use.

I did not read Ethics too much, as I was saying I'm not the best example to follow on studying for this. I just read the examples in the CFAI books-just the example boxes that is -, GIPS, the 10-20 pages in the 11th hour guide and did some practice exam questions. Btw, my Ethics score was 50-70%.

Maybe just skim through the Ethics study session again?

you most likely just need 70%+ overall, unless they have some new grading practice I'm not familiar with. The only one that could hurt you if you fail it and are on the cusp is ethics. if you score 69%, but get pwnd on ethics, they could fail you, so try not to mess that one up. Ironically, I got 50-70 on that section when I passed level 1 a couple years ago, so I obviously didn't take my own advice lol. It caught up to me on level 2 tho, i failed ethics hard there (under 50). I guess I'm just an immoral jerk :/

返回列表
上一主题:how to deal with sale of A/R?
下一主题:In Level III for 5 years or More