上一主题:CFA and Google Glasses
下一主题:CFA Level-1 Script
返回列表 发帖

CFA Useful for Corporate Finance?

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted on this forum. Here’s my story. In December 2007 I took L1 and failed. I didn’t have any finance or accounting background prior to taking the test and wasn’t sure what the difficulty level was. June 2008 I passed L1 with flying colors. June 2009 I failed L2 despite studying my ass off. June 2010 I passed L2 while studying LESS than I did in 2009. I was just much more cognizant of the gaming and trickery aspect of the questions in the L2 exam. I stopped at this point and never attempted L3.
During this entire time of studying for CFA, I had grand dreams of getting that Wall St job and blasted out my resume during the financial meltdown. I landed 40 interviews over those 4 years at many financial institutions and never got an offer. I do have a top 20 undergrad degree. I finally settled for corporate finance at a manufacturing company. Overall I like the work and really value the work/life balance. I’ve pretty much scrapped the idea that I’ll ever get that Wall St job, and that’s fine with me.
Although I’m close, I want to get to that magical six figure salary at another corporate finance role. I’m wondering if maybe I should finish up the CFA program. I feel that most companies outside of Wall St wouldn’t care for it. I recently had a phone interview with a company that kept harping on the fact that I passed 2 levels and they thought I’d want to leave for an analyst role using the charter. It seems like a double-edged sword - companies may like that I have some sort of advanced certification and others may hold it against me. I don’t really want to do an MBA because of the cost. CFA L3 will require a shitload of work since I haven’t touched this stuff in 3 years. It may just not be worth it.
What do you guys think?

返回列表
上一主题:CFA and Google Glasses
下一主题:CFA Level-1 Script