上一主题:FI -practice questions
下一主题:PCP Investigation - Similarity Analysis / Unusual Similarity
返回列表 发帖
BTW–to answer your question about how to get through the material:  I made this mistake when I took Level 2.  If you get stuck on something, and just can’t get your brain around it–move on.  You can’t afford to spend 50 hours on Quant, when it’s only 5% of the exam.  Same is true with Econ.  Also, don’t waste your time trying to learn the formulas to calculate correlation/beta/regression.  I took the exam twice, memorized the formulas twice, and used them zero.  They are much more likely to give you the regression equation if you need it.
Here’s how to study for Level 2:
First, think about ethics.  We know for a fact that it will be exactly 10% of the exam.
Remember–accounting, corporate finance, and equity are like one little “family”.  In fact, it’s difficult sometimes to see where one ends and the other begins.  And this “family” constitutes 50% of the exam.  So maybe you should spend at least 50% of your time there.
Alternative investments borrows heavily from Equity.  Maybe it’s worth 10% of your time.
Fixed Income/derivates makes up another “family”.  It’s worth about 20%, but I would invest about 30% of your time there.  (Don’t skimp on your swaps–they suck, but they WILL be on the exam.  This is a lot of why I failed Level 2 once.)
Portfolio Management borrows heavily from Quant and Econ. But I wouldn’t spend more than 10-15% of your time on all three of these put together, because they are relatively lightly tested.

返回列表
上一主题:FI -practice questions
下一主题:PCP Investigation - Similarity Analysis / Unusual Similarity